HomesInTorontoForSale.com may collect, with your consent, certain
personal information* about you in order to provide you with the
most professional, personalized service. We respect the privacy of
our visitors and are committed to keeping your personal information
accurate, confidential, secure and private. We have integrated into
our business the following 10 principles of Canada's Personal
Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA"), to
ensure that we continue to meet the highest privacy standards
without compromising your service.
The Ten Principles of Privacy
- Principle 1 – Accountability
- We are accountable for all personal information in our
possession or custody, including personal information disclosed to
third parties for purposes of providing services requested by our
clients or employees.
- Principle 2 – Identifying Purposes
- We will inform you of the purposes for which we are collecting
any personal information, before or at the time the information is
- Principle 3 – Consent
- We will obtain consent from our clients before or when we
collect, use or disclose their personal information. A client's
consent can be express, implied, or given through an authorized
representative. A client can withdraw consent at any time, with
- Principle 4 – Limiting Collection
- The information collected from the client will be limited to
those details necessary for the purposes we have identified to the
client. Information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Principle 5 – Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
- Personal information will only be used or disclosed for the
purpose for which it was collected unless the client has otherwise
consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. Personal
information may only be retained for the amount of time needed to
fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
- Principle 6 – Accuracy
- We will keep personal information as accurate, complete and
current as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes for which
it was collected. Clients may have this information amended where
it is found to be inaccurate or incomplete.
- Principle 7 – Safeguarding Personal Information
- Personal information is safeguarded using measures appropriate
to the sensitivity of the information.
- Principle 8 – Openness
- We will make information available to our clients about the
policies and procedures we use to manage personal information.
Clients have access to this information through our Web site, or
through alternate means if requested.
- Principle 9 – Client Access
- Upon written request, a client will be informed of the
existence, use and disclosure of their personal information, and
will be given access to it. We will respond to such requests as
efficiently as possible.
- Principle 10 – Addressing Client Complaints
- Clients may challenge HomesInTorontoForSale.com compliance
and procedures to receive, investigate and respond to clients'
complaints and questions.
Question & Answer
- Q: What is "Personal Information"?
- A: Personal Information means information about an
identifiable individual client. This may include without
limitation, the individual's name, home address, email address,
age, gender, income, personal preferences and other information
about his or her family. Personal information does not include the
name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee
of an organization.
- Q: How can I opt out?
- A: Should you not want to receive materials from us or have
your personal information retained for our files, please contact
us at the link provided below:
- Q: What if I have further questions, concerns or
- A: If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about
please contact us at the link provided below:
- Q: How can I learn more?
- A: For more information about this legislation, please visit
official Web site of the Privacy Commission of